Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I need help writing this poem?

I need helping writing a poem. I want the poem to be about racial inequality, or just racism. My idea is to have a poem with two separate stanzas, one about the people being the racists, and the other about the victims of racism. I want those stanzas to reflect the other. For example one line talks about darkness, and another line from the other stanza will talk about light. So I want there to be some reflection and symmetry between the two stanzas. This can sort of symbolize equality, within the structure. I also want each line to have the same number of syllables. This would also represent the idea of equality. Lastly, I want my poem to look simple on the surface, but it will have deeper meaning once it is further yzed. To do this, I want the poem to be about animals. The animals would obviously represent humans. This seems like such a large task, and I need some help in writing such a poem. Any suggestions? Is this a good idea? I'm not very experienced in writing poetry, so I need as much help as I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment