Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Inexpensive honeymoon....from IL to Florida?

I live in IL as well and I have made several visits to FL in my lifetime and I am currently planning another trip( I have family there). First of all 300 to 400 a day is ridiculous. I'm sure that's for the whole trip. If that's really the price, it could be a good deal, if you take into account what type of hotel, what city you're going to and the airline you are flying on. When I go, I always book everything separate. I am most fond of Fort Lauderdale in Florida since it is close to my family, close to the beach and it's a good place for tourists to see Florida without all the theme parks. I go to sunny.com and pick one of the small lodging hotels. This is basically a small apartment you rent for a week or more if you like and it comes with a fully equipped Kitchen so you can cook your own meals instead of going out all the time. Then I go to expedia.com and pick my flight. I pick an incoming flight time close to check-in time at the hotel but still give myself time to rent a car and drive to the resort or catch a cab and get a ride there. This is a mouthfull I know, but it has always worked for me! Enjoy your trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment